Taking the “basic” out of your basic outfits
There are several basic garments that must be at a woman’s closet, as they will save you when you do not know what to wear but need to decide quickly, but what happens when you get a little bored about those basic looks? Keep on reading this article as we will give you interesting tips to give a twist to your basic outfits turning them more interesting.
“Among the basic garments that must be on men and women’s closets, we can find a white shirt, black shoes and, of course, a pair of jeans, as they combine with every tops in the wardrobe, making it easier to create an outfit”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
Check out these tips that will change your outfits next time you choose to wear the basics:
- Patches – This is an interesting and a very cool way to transform your clothes, you can always add patches to your white t-shirt or your denim garments, such as shorts, vests, jackets and jeans.
- Neck details – If you love wearing white shirts but you are feeling bored of them, add a detail at the neck, it takes something as simple as a black ribbon to change your look.
- Layering – This is not only a great style, but a good way to combine your basic garments in an interesting way. When it comes about layering everything is possible and you can always include your white shirt on your outfit.
- Fringed jeans – Jeans are the kings of basics, but if you have that pair you love but you have worn too many times, what about changing them but turning them in a fringed version? Cutting them at the length you wish and leaving some threads hanging around.
- Belts – There is nothing that cannot be fixed with a good belt. Try it on next time you think your look is missing something.
“Basics makes it easier to choose what to wear, especially when you have garments that combine well with the rest of your clothes, such as those manufactured in denim”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.