What to wear this winter?
As time pass by, we need to start changing our light dresses, shorts and sandals for thicker textiles, closed shoes and coats. But what to wear? Let’s start by saying that you do not need to go on shopping and change your wardrobe completely, you first need to know what is coming and see which garments are already there in your closet and you can combine to make incredible looks.
“There are basic garments that should always be at a closet. Jeans are a good example of those basics as it is a timeless garment, it can be worn all year long and no matter how much the fashion trends change, you can always make a good outfit with them”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
If you want to know what to wear this winter? Check out these suggestions:
- A-line skirt – Try to get a distressed version as those are a great option for your winter outfits. Combine them with a denim shirt for a chic look.
- Bell-bottoms – It is time for a break for your skinny jeans and to start wearing your bell-bottom or flared jeans. Combine them with your favorite heels. Remember that the 70’s styles are back, so take advantage of it and pull your vintage jeans out of your closet.
- Oversize coats – Oversized jackets, coats, layers. Everything in pastel and dark colors. Use them in your winter outfits to look amazing.
- Chunky weave – These sweaters look amazing and you will feel pretty warm with them. But remember to balance your body shape. If you wear an oversized chunky sweater, wear tight jeans with them.
- Floral prints – These prints are becoming a trend. Wear a pair of jeans with floral print on them this winter.
“No matter what time of the year it is, having denim garments in your closet is essential as you will always be able to add them to your outfits. In winter, you can try with jeans, denim jackets and vests, to begin”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, about this topic.