How to turn your old clothes to make a completely new wardrobe
Some people think that changing their wardrobe means investing lots of money and time by going on shopping, but we will show you how none of this is needed, and how you can recycle your old clothes and transform your wardrobe by following some easy steps:
- Pull apart the clothes you need to work with – Go through the clothes on your wardrobe, separate all those garments you are tired of wearing or they are pretty worn and put them on a separate pile, you will work with it later, put the rest back on your closet.
- Check on this pile – Once you have piled on the clothes you wanted to get rid off, try to find at least one of each type, tops and bottoms that you like, if you think it twice and you find something you like, put it in a second pile and keep on checking until you are pretty sure there is nothing else you want to keep.
- Do not get rid of small sizes – If you have a pair of jeans that are too short, you can cut them and turn them into shorts for summer.
- Check on the pile again – Once you have separated those clothes you decided not to throw up, find out which ones can be embellished or somehow transformed, you can make interesting adjustments to these garments.
- Try to find sites to inspire – You can check on magazines or on the Internet for DIY (do it yourself) articles that will make you interesting tips as to how to transform your old clothes.
- Thinks of ideas that do not require stitches – You can add fabric paint or different ways of modifying your clothes without sewing them, such as cutting the sleeves, putting patches or transfers on them.
- Sew your old clothes for more complicated styles – If you know how to use the sewing machine or know someone who does it well, it can be helpful to transform your old clothes, as an example, you can cut the torn sleeves of a jacket and turn it into a best, recycle and old sweater into a beautiful pair of gloves, cutting a dress and turn it into a belt or scarf.
“There is no need to invest huge amounts of money to have new outfits, it is important to combine what is available at the wardrobe, jeans are a great option to save on money as they have a very long life and once you get tired of wearing them, you can always recycle them and turn them into new clothes, accessories or articles”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.