Hipster look, how it defines you
If there’s a subculture that has adopted the vintage and new old fashion retro, is the group of people called “hipsters”. Despite other factors that identify their culture, we are giving a look to the style that defines them.
- The give a new use to old stuff: Concerned about the environment of the planet and hankering about the past, they are fan of the vintage markets. They will buy clothes that are not from a famous designer and that will match their fashion style. These clothes are specially selected and are combined with the most updated technology like an iphone or ipad.
- They use vintage clothing: The impression when you see them is that they are wearing their grandfather clothing, but not necessarily, these young people on their 30’s , with a great job and purchasing power, could not be out of the designers’ radar.
- They love hoodies and T-shirts: Every hipster has a hoodie in the closet and a t-shirt (the most oldest, washed out and sweated the better).
- Layers are their thing: Regardless the piece of cloth, it must be a layer look and they need not to be combined if at all possible. Men dress in their skinny jeans along with a flannel shirt and a hoodie, adding a scarf if necessary if the weather is cold. Women also love this practice; they combine leggings with a summer dress and a sweater, using a vintage belt as a final touch.
- Never a backpack: No, hipsters do not use backpacks, they will rather use messenger bags cross body type, and it must be big enough to carry their macbook air without problems.
- Long and carefree hair: Hipsters are well known because of their hair, it will always look natural and carefree, even if they spend a lot of Money on a modern hair cut. Men choose big beard while women use their hair down.
For Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, hipsters fashion is always on trending, “we always develop new styles for them, I like their idea of being unique and fashionist on their own way”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.